HOUSTON PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Helping Injured Pedestrians Recover Just Compensation
There is no one as vulnerable on Texas roads as a pedestrian. Even in a crosswalk or on a sidewalk in Houston, where a pedestrian clearly has the right of way, a careless motorist could cause an accident that leaves a pedestrian seriously injured. At the Lowenberg Law Firm, we represent injured pedestrians across the Houston area who have been struck by motor vehicles. With our understanding of Texas law as it applies to pedestrians and their right of way, we can appropriately identify fault and help our clients pursue fair compensation.
Contact an Houston pedestrian accident lawyer at (832) 241-6000 for a free review of your case.
Texas Pedestrian Laws & Safety Tips
In Texas, pedestrians have specific rights and responsibilities. Understanding these is important for your safety and the safety of your children, whether you are walking on a sidewalk, crossing a street, or walking through a parking lot.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT):
- Pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks and other marked pedestrian crossings.
- Pedestrians should yield the right of way to motorists if crossing a street at any place other than a marked crossing.
- Pedestrians should walk on the sidewalk wherever it is present.
- If there is no sidewalk, pedestrians should walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic.
The Texas DOT also offers the following safety tips to pedestrians:
- Always use sidewalks and cross at intersections.
- When crossing the street, look left, then right, and then left again – before crossing.
- Make eye contact with drivers before you cross.
- Always look for vehicles when stepping from behind parked cars or when getting off a bus.
- As a passenger, use the curb side to enter or exit a vehicle.
Even if you obeyed pedestrian laws and tried to be safe, but you were still injured, we can help. An Houston pedestrian accident attorney at the Lowenberg Law Firm can talk to you about what occurred, answer your questions, and offer guidance on how to proceed with a claim.
Call our offices at (832) 241-6000 to get started.